HelpDeskZ Community
Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - Printable Version

+- HelpDeskZ Community (http://community.helpdeskz.com)
+-- Forum: HelpDeskZ 2 (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Support (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... (/thread-35.html)

Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - jwalterscle - 02-28-2021

Hello all,

I am completely new to HelpDeskZ and started using it a couple of days ago. I have had some issues here and there with being able to log into the application but today I can't get it to come up at all.

When I browse to the Submit Ticket page I get an error that says "Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later...". Does anyone know why this could be and what I can do to resolve it?

The page is here: https://support.highoctanemanagement.com/submit-ticket
Thanks.

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - Andres - 03-01-2021

Hi,

Check the logs in /hdz/writable/logs to see any error.

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - naguibihelek - 02-14-2022

Hi there. I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
I am having "Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later..." since latest update to PHP 8.0
This is what is in the log:
CRITICAL - 2022-02-14 12:47:02 --> Your zlib.output_compression ini directive is turned on. This will not work well with output buffers.
#0 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/app/Config/Events.php(30): CodeIgniter\Exceptions\FrameworkException::forEnabledZlibOutputCompression()
#1 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Events\Events::Config\{closure}()
#2 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/framework/Events/Events.php(166): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#3 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(314): CodeIgniter\Events\Events::trigger('pre_system')
#4 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/index.php(44): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#5 {main}

Thanks in advance.
Nagui

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - cord.schneider - 04-15-2022

(02-14-2022, 06:55 PM)naguibihelek Wrote: Hi there. I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
I am having "Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later..." since latest update to PHP 8.0
This is what is in the log:
CRITICAL - 2022-02-14 12:47:02 --> Your zlib.output_compression ini directive is turned on. This will not work well with output buffers.
#0 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/app/Config/Events.php(30): CodeIgniter\Exceptions\FrameworkException::forEnabledZlibOutputCompression()
#1 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Events\Events::Config\{closure}()
#2 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/framework/Events/Events.php(166): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#3 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(314): CodeIgniter\Events\Events::trigger('pre_system')
#4 /home/ambisoftdev/help.mybicoach.com/index.php(44): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#5 {main}
I'm assuming that since your website is currently accessible, you managed to resolve this. From the logs above, it would seem that your webserver had zlib compression turned on in the php.ini settings. Turning this off should have resolved your problem.

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - alkaspm - 01-04-2023

Hello, any solution to this problem, I'm stuck in this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro Parra M.
Chile

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - cord.schneider - 01-06-2023

(01-04-2023, 03:48 PM)alkaspm Wrote: Hello, any solution to this problem, I'm stuck in this problem.
Hi. What exactly is your issue and what have you done so far to resolve it?

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - Corsari - 02-15-2023

Hello
testing

I'm running the install script and I get , follows after log

--- LOG ----
ERROR - 2023-02-15 09:21:49 --> Error connecting to the database: Unknown database 'helpdeskz'
CRITICAL - 2023-02-15 09:21:49 --> Unable to connect to the database.
#0 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/Database/BaseConnection.php(618): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseConnection->initialize()
#1 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/Database/BaseBuilder.php(1866): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseConnection->query()
#2 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/app/Libraries/Settings.php(20): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseBuilder->get()
#3 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/app/Controllers/BaseController.php(71): App\Libraries\Settings->config()
#4 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(909): App\Controllers\BaseController->initController()
#5 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(969): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->createController()
#6 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(349): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->display404errors()
#7 /var/www/helpdesk/index.php(44): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#8 {main}

---- end log ----

My webserver is a virtual machine Ubuntu Server 22.04 with PHP 8.2 and latest Apache2 (I have virtualbox intalled on my laptop) and in the Helpdesk.php I have setup root as DB user and its password EXACTLY as I use them with phpMyAdmin on this self laptop

/var/www/helpdesk is the path
I have created a virtual host with this URL helpdesk.box and edited accordingly the hosts file on either windows client and

when I point to http://helpdesk.box/install it starts smoothly
then first click on "Fresh Install"
then on "Continue"

then Whoops

Infact the DB hasn't been created . I have another virtual host with another CodeIgniter 4 lil app and it works correctly with the database 

Could it be matter of some permission in some directory of the HelpDeskZ tree?

Thank you for hinting

----

IN my Helpdesk.php I have

class Helpdesk extends BaseConfig
{
    #Database host
    const DB_HOST = 'localhost';

#Database username
    const DB_USER = 'root';

#Database password
    const DB_PASSWORD = '*********';

#Database name
    const DB_NAME = 'helpdeskz';

#Database table prefix
    const DB_PREFIX = 'hdz_';

#Database port, do not change it if you are not sure
    const DB_PORT = 3306;

#URL of your helpdesk
    const SITE_URL = 'http://helpdesk.box';

(02-15-2023, 03:37 PM)Corsari Wrote: Hello
testing

I'm running the install script and I get , follows after log

--- LOG ----
ERROR - 2023-02-15 09:21:49 --> Error connecting to the database: Unknown database 'helpdeskz'
CRITICAL - 2023-02-15 09:21:49 --> Unable to connect to the database.
#0 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/Database/BaseConnection.php(618): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseConnection->initialize()
#1 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/Database/BaseBuilder.php(1866): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseConnection->query()
#2 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/app/Libraries/Settings.php(20): CodeIgniter\Database\BaseBuilder->get()
#3 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/app/Controllers/BaseController.php(71): App\Libraries\Settings->config()
#4 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(909): App\Controllers\BaseController->initController()
#5 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(969): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->createController()
#6 /var/www/helpdesk/hdz/framework/CodeIgniter.php(349): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->display404errors()
#7 /var/www/helpdesk/index.php(44): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#8 {main}

OUCH!
Solved ... I had to create manually the DB because I don't have an administrator user and mysql/mariaDB current, complains if you manage as root

Solution
I have manually created the database helpdeskz and then created and given admin privileges to some "helpdekdb" user

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - cord.schneider - 02-16-2023

Glad to see that you managed to find the solution. And, welcome to the HelpDeskZ family!

RE: Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later... - Corsari - 02-16-2023

(02-16-2023, 06:52 AM)cord.schneider Wrote: Glad to see that you managed to find the solution. And, welcome to the HelpDeskZ family!

Hello Mr. Cord.Schneider , thank you for you acknowledge

I have one more question but to help anyone that could meet this issue, I open a new thread

See you in the other thread