HelpDeskZ Community
Installation Wizard Failed - Printable Version

+- HelpDeskZ Community (http://community.helpdeskz.com)
+-- Forum: HelpDeskZ 2 (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Support (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Installation Wizard Failed (/thread-2545.html)

Installation Wizard Failed - alonso666cr - 08-22-2023

Hi guys!
I'm try to install HelpDeskz v.2.0.2 in Windows Server 2016 con XAMPP (Control Panel v3.3.0).

Information about the server:

Apache/2.4.54 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1p PHP/8.0.23

10.4.25-MariaDB - mariadb.org binary distribution

root@localhost

I already had installed this same version in my laptop with Windows 10 Pro and the same XAMPP features, without problems.

In that time I only followed the installation rules and finally all run ok.

Now I trying to install again the system appliying the same method.

When I put https://www.mysite.com/helpdeskz/install appears Welcome! and you must select install fresh copy or Upgrade my HelpDeskZ.

I press the first one and now appears Installation Wizard: welcome to HelpDeskZ bla bla bla but when you press Continue button Chrome shows me "Whoops! We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later...".
I have running the .htaccess downloaded from Github and I also had to make changes in my httpd-vhost.conf file.

What could I be doing wrong ¿? This is really weird!

I will be so greatfully if someone has achieved to resolve this issue and can help me!
Greetings from Costa Rica.

RE: Installation Wizard Failed - cord.schneider - 08-22-2023

(08-22-2023, 01:40 AM)alonso666cr Wrote: Apache/2.4.54 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1p PHP/8.0.23
The current HelpDeskZ version does not support PHP versions greater than 7.4.33. You must downgrade your PHP version if you want to install HelpDeskZ.

RE: Installation Wizard Failed - alonso666cr - 08-23-2023

Hello dear [b]cord.schneider[/b]
Thanks for respond !
As I had told you, currently I've the system running in Windows 10 with XAMPP and PHP 8 perfectly.
I've been working for 2 days in this situation, now using a Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 8.1.
So far I've been able to watch the same behave where the site shows me the Welcome page but when I press Fresh Instalation the browser tell me 404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server.
I've been trying to modify the .htaccess file in the root of solution, but I don´t achieve to find the correct settings.
Maybe someone that had the same issue moving a MVC project to Linux could help us !

RE: Installation Wizard Failed - cord.schneider - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 03:07 AM)alonso666cr Wrote: Hello dear [b]cord.schneider[/b]
Thanks for respond !
As I had told you, currently I've the system running in Windows 10 with XAMPP and PHP 8 perfectly.
I've been working for 2 days in this situation, now using a Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 8.1.
So far I've been able to watch the same behave where the site shows me the Welcome page but when I press Fresh Instalation the browser tell me 404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server.
I've been trying to modify the .htaccess file in the root of solution, but I don´t achieve to find the correct settings.
Maybe someone that had the same issue moving a MVC project to Linux could help us !

As previously stated, HelpDeskZ is not supported on versions of PHP above 7.4.33 regardless of whether you have managed to get it working on PHP8. Just have a look through the forum and see how many people have tried and failed to get it working. The development of this project has abandoned it and it hasn't changed in more than 2 years. It remains the only system that I run (on a Linux server) that still runs PHP7. If you manage to get it working on PHP8, please repost what you did to get it working as I'm sure there will be plenty of others who could benefit from your experience. Personally, I suspect that this is a dead-end because of the version of CodeIgnitor that HelpDeskZ uses... Good luck!

RE: Installation Wizard Failed - alonso666cr - 09-01-2023

Dear @cord.schneider and community, good morning from GMT-6.
I'd like close my question indicating you that I was able to install perfectly HelpDeskz 2.0.2 using XAMPP x64 (control panel v3.3.0) on Windows.
Efectively turning on extension intl, imap and mbstring.
Finally I had put the installation on Windows because after 10 days trying to do it on Linux was impossible, despite of I used a thousand of different scenarios and always I made sure to set the requirements such as the extensions.
So, I can demostrate that this HDZ version does work on PHP 8.0.23.
If somebody needs some help, please email me for talking about my procedure.
One thing more! Is a shame that this project has been left behind because I'm convinced it is a great product and we should continue giving support and improvements. So, if there is a iniciative to follow maintening the product please take me in account.
Best Regards, from Costa Rica.

RE: Installation Wizard Failed - cord.schneider - 09-06-2023

(09-01-2023, 02:56 PM)alonso666cr Wrote: I'd like close my question indicating you that I was able to install perfectly HelpDeskz 2.0.2 using XAMPP x64 (control panel v3.3.0) on Windows.
Efectively turning on extension intl, imap and mbstring.
Finally I had put the installation on Windows because after 10 days trying to do it on Linux was impossible, despite of I used a thousand of different scenarios and always I made sure to set the requirements such as the extensions.
So, I can demostrate that this HDZ version does work on PHP 8.0.23.
Thanks for the feedback - and well done for persevering! Hopefully others will be able to use what you've learned to resolve their own issues.

(09-01-2023, 02:56 PM)alonso666cr Wrote: If somebody needs some help, please email me for talking about my procedure.
It might be worth you creating a separate post about installing HelpDeskZ on Windows using XAMPP where you outline your process?

(09-01-2023, 02:56 PM)alonso666cr Wrote: One thing more! Is a shame that this project has been left behind because I'm convinced it is a great product and we should continue giving support and improvements. So, if there is a iniciative to follow maintening the product please take me in account.
Agreed. I suspect that in order to move this forward, someone would need to fork the GitHub project, upgrade CodeIgniter, and then incorporate the PRs on the existing project. I would love to, but honestly, I lack the time for yet another project to look after.