HelpDeskZ Community
No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - Printable Version

+- HelpDeskZ Community (http://community.helpdeskz.com)
+-- Forum: HelpDeskZ 2 (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Support (http://community.helpdeskz.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In (/thread-2461.html)

No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - emmydrafts - 03-21-2023

I am using cPanel from Name Hero hosting and installed HelpDeskZ via the Softaculous App Installer. I have installed everything correctly but I am still not able to receive notifications when we receive a ticket. Also, after creating an agent account, they are not able to log in from the staff login page. How can we fix this?

RE: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - cord.schneider - 03-22-2023

(03-21-2023, 04:19 AM)emmydrafts Wrote: I am using cPanel from Name Hero hosting and installed HelpDeskZ via the Softaculous App Installer. I have installed everything correctly but I am still not able to receive notifications when we receive a ticket. Also, after creating an agent account, they are not able to log in from the staff login page. How can we fix this?
Can you share what you have done to set up the email functionality? Are you using email piping or email fetching? What error messages are you seeing? What's in the logs (Apache and HelpDeskz logs)?

RE: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - emmydrafts - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:29 PM)cord.schneider Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 04:19 AM)emmydrafts Wrote: I am using cPanel from Name Hero hosting and installed HelpDeskZ via the Softaculous App Installer. I have installed everything correctly but I am still not able to receive notifications when we receive a ticket. Also, after creating an agent account, they are not able to log in from the staff login page. How can we fix this?
Can you share what you have done to set up the email functionality? Are you using email piping or email fetching? What error messages are you seeing? What's in the logs (Apache and HelpDeskz logs)?

I am using piping, which I've selected on the outgoing tab under the email settings in the staff/admin portal. I followed this documentation hoping that it would create the notifications but nothing is working as of yet. I've even toggled on the "New ticket notification to staff" email template but haven't received any notifications. (Attachments below)

As for the staff login, I am not receiving any errors, only an "Invalid username or password." message when typing in the login credentials. On my phpMyAdmin, I can see that the staff account has been created but it won't allow login.

[attachment=222] [attachment=221]

RE: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - cord.schneider - 03-25-2023

(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)emmydrafts Wrote: I am using piping, which I've selected on the outgoing tab under the email settings in the staff/admin portal. I followed this documentation hoping that it would create the notifications but nothing is working as of yet. I've even toggled on the "New ticket notification to staff" email template but haven't received any notifications. (Attachments below)

I'm afraid that the help that I can offer is limited. I had very little success with piping because it's dependent on the right permissions being set at the OS level. My Linux ability is limited to what I can search for on Google, so I switched to using IMAP. However, thinking about your issue, piping and IMAP are used to process incoming messages rather than outgoing.

For outgoing mail - responsible for sending notifications etc. - you will need to use either PHP mail() or SMTP. If you are currently using PHP mail() and it's not sending, then it's likely that your host needs to be configured to allow it. If you're using SMTP then be sure that the credentials are correct, and that your host is not blocking traffic out to the SMTP server.

(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)emmydrafts Wrote: As for the staff login, I am not receiving any errors, only an "Invalid username or password." message when typing in the login credentials. On my phpMyAdmin, I can see that the staff account has been created but it won't allow login.

This may seem like a silly question, but what URL are you using when you try to log in with a staff account? Staff accounts cannot log in from the front page of your HelpDeskZ site. You will need to log in from the 'staff' page:

https://yourdomain.com/staff/login

RE: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - emmydrafts - 03-27-2023

(03-25-2023, 07:18 AM)cord.schneider Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)emmydrafts Wrote: I am using piping, which I've selected on the outgoing tab under the email settings in the staff/admin portal. I followed this documentation hoping that it would create the notifications but nothing is working as of yet. I've even toggled on the "New ticket notification to staff" email template but haven't received any notifications. (Attachments below)

I'm afraid that the help that I can offer is limited. I had very little success with piping because it's dependent on the right permissions being set at the OS level. My Linux ability is limited to what I can search for on Google, so I switched to using IMAP. However, thinking about your issue, piping and IMAP are used to process incoming messages rather than outgoing.

For outgoing mail - responsible for sending notifications etc. - you will need to use either PHP mail() or SMTP. If you are currently using PHP mail() and it's not sending, then it's likely that your host needs to be configured to allow it. If you're using SMTP then be sure that the credentials are correct, and that your host is not blocking traffic out to the SMTP server.

(03-22-2023, 04:57 PM)emmydrafts Wrote: As for the staff login, I am not receiving any errors, only an "Invalid username or password." message when typing in the login credentials. On my phpMyAdmin, I can see that the staff account has been created but it won't allow login.

This may seem like a silly question, but what URL are you using when you try to log in with a staff account? Staff accounts cannot log in from the front page of your HelpDeskZ site. You will need to log in from the 'staff' page:

https://yourdomain.com/staff/login

Yes, we are using https://yourdomain.com/staff/login to reach and log into the admin/staff accounts. Unfortunately, only the admin account works when attempting to log in. As for the outgoing mail, we have PHP mail() setup and even changed the pipe.php permissions to CHMOD 755 according to the documentation found on your website here. Is there anything else that I could be missing?

RE: No Notifications | Agents Can't Log In - cord.schneider - 03-30-2023

(03-27-2023, 07:57 PM)emmydrafts Wrote: Yes, we are using https://yourdomain.com/staff/login to reach and log into the admin/staff accounts. Unfortunately, only the admin account works when attempting to log in. As for the outgoing mail, we have PHP mail() setup and even changed the pipe.php permissions to CHMOD 755 according to the documentation found on your website here. Is there anything else that I could be missing?

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else. Like you, I am just a user of HelpDeskZ, and any knowledge/insight I have gained has been through use and trawling through the code.

Regarding troubleshooting, if this were my server, I would first confirm that I can use PHP Mail() to send mail - outside of HelpDeskZ. PHP Mail() uses sendmail (on Linux), which does need to be configured to work. If you're on a hosted platform, this should be configured by your provider. However, it could also be disabled by your provider because it is easy to abuse. Your provider could also be blocking outgoing SMTP traffic (Oracle Cloud does that by default).

Personally, I would switch to using SMTP for outgoing email - at least to test with. If you have access to server logs, then spend some time looking through those too and confirm that there are no obvious server errors. You might also want to check that you are not using PHP 8.x as HelpDeskZ doesn't seem to play nicely with anything above PHP 7.4. Also, perhaps try HelpDeskZ on a different host..

That is about as much as I can suggest.